Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Pass It On!


Read: Genesis 37

On the first day of his cruise in the Caribbean, a man entering his senior years noticed an attractive woman about his age. She gave him a friendly smile as he passed by.

That evening at dinner, he was seated at the same table with her. To make conversation, he commented that he had appreciated her kind smile during his afternoon walk. When she heard this, she said, "The reason I smiled was that when I saw you, I was immediately struck by your strong resemblance to my third husband."

"Oh, how many times have you been married?" he asked with interest.

She looked down at her dinner plate, a slight smile crossed her face, and she tentatively answered, "Twice."

A smile is a great encourager!

Have you been grumpy today? Ask God for a double dose of His joy, and then put a smile on your face. Let people know you refuse to take on the negativism or cynicism of the world. You can be cheerful and pass that cheer on to others with a simple smile.

Then our mouth was filled with laughter, and our tongue with shouts of joy. -Psalm 126:2

-Tea Time with God!

I am not what I ought to be.
I am not what I wish to be.
I am not even what I hope to be.
But by the cross of Christ,
I am not what I was. ~John Newton

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->